Saturday, June 13, 2009

Patients for a Moment: A Blog Carnival in the Making

Attention to all Patient Bloggers!! The following post is from Duncan Cross who has founded a new blog carnival for us patient types. If you get your posts in to Duncan by midnight (eastern time) tomorrow on Sunday, he will include them in the Inaugural edition Wednesday. Please consider participating.

Patients for a Moment

patientforamomentI decided to call the patient-centered med-blog carnival “Patients for a Moment”, a weak pun on the Chinese proverb, “He who is not patient for a moment, has days and months of trouble”. As you can see, I sketched out a logo for it - now all I need are posts.

If you’ve written a post this week that might be interesting to a patient audience, send it to me. It can be on any topic, issue, disease, whatever - so long as it is likely to appeal even to patients who don’t share your specific circumstances. You can be a patient, doc, nurse, wonk - whatever. Some patient bloggers might even get a direct appeal from me for material, but save me the trouble and submit it yourself. And it can be the same post you sent to Grand Rounds, or something written specifically for this carnival.*

Send to dx@duncancross.net :

1. Your name (as it should appear)
2. Your blog’s name
3. Your post’s title
4. Your post’s URL

Get it to me before Sunday midnight (Eastern time) and I will have the inaugural edition of “Patients for a Moment” up on this site by Wednesday morning.

Also, let me know if you would be interested in hosting PFAM at some point. I am happy to get this carnival going, but I intend to put it on a rotation akin to Grand Rounds (okay, shamelessly copying Grand Rounds).

In the meantime, I will look forward to your posts! Thanks.

*Fun fact: “Carnival” is from a Latin word meaning “removal of meat”, which has a certain ironic resonance for those of us with surgical histories - but we won’t be taking it too literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment