Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Welcome to the MS Blogosphere

Please welcome the following new MS blogs and bloggers to our community. The list is long as it's been two months since I last posted a "welcome" post. There have been so many new blogs go up from people interested in CCSVI.  If you know of some I've missed, please let me know.  Thanks, Lisa

My Phoenix Flies Again by Mark and Yumi
My name is Mark Lampman. I’m a native of Southern California but have been living in Japan for longer than I care to admit. Fate would have it that here is where I met my wife, Yumi, in early 2000.

Yumi is a well respected medical doctor practicing abdominal surgery here in Tokyo. Our lives took quite a turn when Yumi was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in the spring of 2005.

We’ve been fighting MS now for 5 years, and we’ve won. Here, we want to trace the details of our battle and encourage people who have the same illness by looking back on this miraculous victory, and if we can become a ray of light in the darkness to our readers, our blog has been a success.

We feel that while we enjoy the benefits of current medicine, it’s  also important for each person to take steps where they can to improve their well being. By this we mean adjusting our eating and lifestyle habits, our actions, developing our mental sense of security and cultivation of the mind.
Meandering...One Moment Please by Karen
I have strong opinions regarding just about everything. I don't think like the majority of society, and I am often misunderstood. I definitely march to the beat of a different drummer, and although this often irks others, I am not bothered by it at all.

Oh ya..I also have Multiple Sclerosis, but I am really only in it for the parking permit :)

I came across a Victor Hugo quote " Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age". I like that! I am now entering the youth of my old age! A journey into a new life stage! I think it will be quite a trip. I'm going to meander along the scenic route, because life is all about the journey, not the destination.
Devic's Disease by Sara
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on October 29, 2009 and started Copaxone on November 7, 2009. On June 22, 2010, I learned that I actually have Devic's Disease (NMO) and not "typical" MS. After learning that, I made an executive decision and stopped taking my Copaxone on June 27, 2010. Currently, I am on no medications for NMO but am seeking a second opinion from the Mayo Clinic in Arizona.  
Jodi Bean's Blog by Jodi
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, social worker, volunteer, scrapbooker, photographer, reality tv show watcher, shopper, crafter, ice cream loving woman. On September 28, 2008 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis also known as MS. MS is a part of me but there are so many other "labels" that define me. I live a full life with MS and this blog is to share my journey and hopefully raise awareness about MS to help find a cure in my lifetime!
Doc, It Hurts When I Do This.... by Kim
Having taken turns writing for radio and reference books--and cranking out an unbearably serious first novel--I'm now exploring the lighter side of life: Having MS.
A Life Coping With MS by Catherine
My name is Catherine and I live in Derry, Northern Ireland. After being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in April 2009, I decided to write down my thoughts on how life is, living with MS. Essentially it's about coping with an condition that has no boundaries. No two days are ever the same and no two people with MS are the same either. This blog is merely my thoughts on how MS can affect my daily life. Along the way, I will also touch on other important aspects of what I'm doing - after all, having MS is about LIVING with the condition, not being ruled by it.
Mommydom With MS by Nikki
I am a mommy, a wife, and a worker-bee stumbling through everything Multiple Sclerosis. When I say stumbling through I mean that literally! I make it through with the support of my husband, the joy of my son and the humor to laugh at myself.
Liberate Me! by Shara
Life is a funny journey. For me it has come with my fair share of ups and downs. It's my contention that it's what you choose to do with those ups and downs that separates the "victims" from the "champions". I think this is a concept I learned early on as a competitive alpine ski racer, unlike some sports that are artistic and open to interpretation, my sport of choice was cut and dry; the fastest one to the bottom wins! This created a black and white contextual choice- do you want to win or do you want to loose. I've always chosen to be the winner; it's more work but it's more fun, in my humble opinion too.
The Lesion Journals by Christie
My name is Christie and I am 40 something years old. Back in July of 2009, just after finishing a great bike ride, a good part of the right side of my face, neck, and shoulders went about 80% numb. Naturally this freaked me out but we initially attributed it to a pinched nerve that likely resulted from incorrect positioning while cycling. The feeling remained for 10 days so I got an MRI.
I Used to Run by Cynthia
I feel like an old woman, I'm sharing woes with my Aunt! I've been fortunate for 14 years with MS and have only spent the last two years going downhill physically. I no longer can walk or stand for any length of time. I'm lucky to have been very active in my youth and early adulthood I thankfully can look back with some satisfaction over the things I've done and places I've been. 
Vein Musings by Sandra
I was diagnosed with MS in 1992, although my symptoms started in 1980. I was diagnosed with CCSVI in March 2010 and treated July 7, 2010. My symptoms are improving, which is why I created this blog. I am so fortunate to be a wife to Landon, a mom to Jon and David, daughter to Irene, sister to Jim, Rob, and Wendy, and friend to many others. I am a PhD student at SFU completing my dissertation on social media and learning. The rest of my story isn't written yet.
CCSVI {M}annananny's {S}tory by Linda
I am committed to see the MS world at large to be educated, motivated and enabled to receive this lifesaving procedure. A new era of excitement and anticipation has arrived for the patients suffering from this insidious disease. The time is now, the need is critical.Let this be the end to the {M}aster of {S}uffering for all of us.
Now What? by Gothicrose
This blog serves as my log book, a diary of sorts, in my new journey to discover if I have CCSVI. I have created pages (the tabs shown above this notice) that have information I have come across through research and discussions with others. Each tab is a page and each page shown in a the drop-down menu structure holds pages within pages, so before going on to a page shown to be under or next to another, click on the tab-or page first and then click on the next page you are interested in. Enjoy.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis by Leyla
My name is Leyla Taymoori. I am a pre-med student hoping to one day become a doctor and help as many people as I can! I am all for alternative treatment before prescription medications. I believe that everyone deserves the best quality of life possible and I hope to help as many people in my lifetime as I can!
Hope Love & Miracles CCSVI Journey by NBenes
So there is no guarantee that this procedure will work miracles for every person with MS, but a large portion of the recipients are reporting at least a mild degree of improvement in some aspect in their lives. I continue to fight, hope, and pray that CCSVI diagnosis and treatment WILL be offered in our province.
Hope - My CCSVI Journey by Sarah
OK so I've kept pretty quiet about how I'm doing because I didn't see the mega miraculous results some others did. I still found some benefits that for anyone with MS and the load of symptoms I've had a relief from, release of anything is amazing!
 My CCSVI Liberation Procedure by Karla
I am a 39 year old mother. I have a son, Avery 14, and a daughter Raine 12. I have been married for 16 years. I was diagnosed with RRMS in 1994 and now I have progressed to SPMS. Thankfully, I had the chance to be Liberated in Sofia, Bulgaria on April 30th 2010. The doctors, everyone who cared for me and the country of Bulgaria will always hold a special place in my heart!!
Life and Liberation by Dawna
My journey with MS and CCSVI in the midst of my quest for Liberation. My appt. at the Euromedic Clinic is set for May 20, 2010. This contains the log of my feelings, both physical and emotional, so that I can look back post-procedure and chart any changes that have occurred in my walk with MS.
Travels to Bulgaria by Tessa
I have MS (remitting/recurring) and am at the end (hopefully) of an exacerbation I have recently stopped being vegan based on the recommended MS diet (see www.direct-ms.org) - being formerly vegan was not an ethical decision, but a health choice. Having learned from Dr. Embry's research on MS & diet & just an intuition thing.. I'm jumping into his NO wheat/gluten, NO dairy, NO soy, NO beans, NO legumes, limited eggs, diet. This does NOT mean NO CHOCOLATE or NO VANILLA - they are called "beans", but they are in fact seeds - YAY... Now it'll be cashew butter instead of peanut butter! No more "real" beer either (they do make gluten free beer... rice - it's not bad if you drink it from the bottle - if you pour it in a glass, it looks like bad champagne... so I drink it from the bottle & "pretend") Thank God Vodka is potato based! :)
Tisa's MS Liberation Experience by Tisa
I was the first person to have CCSVI done in the State of Arizona. I am hoping to help many others find their liberation.
CCSVI Journey by Angela

Hoping for the Best by Gina
A chronicle of my journey into healing my body from the affects MS has had on me over the last 20 years. I am hopeful with the findings that "CCSVI" is a probable cause of the plaques (iron deposits) in my brain and spine, along with the reflux of blood, causing disability and a general "hitch in my giddy-up" as I heard one guy put it. There is a very simple procedure to help me and thousands of others that are dealing with MS. To start at the beginning scroll to the bottom of the posts.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm new to the MS blog world...Not alot going on but I'm here :D the blog title is
    Nikkischoiceforhappiness

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh! Noooo! You got another award over at my blog on Thursday. Dress appropriately.

    ReplyDelete